Monday, January 27, 2014

Essay Reflection: Part 1

https://docs.google.com/a/bps121.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoe8edAVb2X8dFkyUHhWTTZJSVhyVWoyRnFER2E2eGc#gid=0

Honestly, the progress with my essays over the past couple months have been the constantly low. It seems that I do well in organizing my essay getting a good opening thesis up, but I fail to explain my answers. I may have a good argument, but I cannot back it up with proper evidence. I think that a good approach to this problem is getting a good general idea of the region i'm discussing in whatever time period it is in. When I can get a good idea of each theme from that region, then I can start looking at in depth information. My problem was that I developed a superficial understanding of the region at hand and never fully interpreted it, I jumped into the deep information to quickly. I believe knowing this will give my essay more accuracy and help solve most of the problems.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think that you would help yourself out by developing a more formulaic approach to the structure of your essays, which would allow you to collect the points and express your argument in a clearer manner! If you want to talk about how to do that, let me know and we can find a time to sit down and go over it!

    ReplyDelete